Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Waaay back week!

It's Waaaay Back week on Facebook. The deal is, you change your profile picture to one from way back (obviously).

It sounded like fun, so I thought I'd do it. I didn't realize how hard it would be to find an old picture of me. Or a new one, for that matter. I'm the one behind the camera 99% of the time. I actually force my family to get a portrait done once a year, just so I'll make sure I have a photograph of myself occasionally, to look back on in my dotage.

So, anyway, here's my choice. It's from my very first trip down to the Islands. I was in Jamaica on Spring Break in 1989 with my friend, Colleen. It was cool to look back. Very cool to be reminded of what my actual hair color is (was). :)

6 comments:

rosebud101 said...

Isn't it great to see everyone way back when?

Mermaid Glass said...

It really is!

mairedodd said...

that is so cool! and you looked so happy then too ~ looking forward to the bead swap!

Patty said...

Your retro photo looks great, Laurie! I wish my computer was talking to our scanner so I could post some of mine. But only if Retro Week was around Halloween... ;-)

Mermaid Glass said...

Thanks,ladies.

Mary Jane, I was probably a little too happy. I was about 19, in the Caribbean for the first time surrounded by Spring Breakers. Who knows what was going on!!!

Patty, I feel like all of my old pictures are from Halloween. I showed this one to my kids and they didn't even realize it was ME!

Pretty Things said...

That is SUCH an awesome photo!!!! What a smile and such sparkling eyes!

Off to change my photo!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Clicky Web Analytics