Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Have you ever....

had a puppy that was more work than a baby?


Don't get me wrong, Tucker is a great little guy. He's so cute and he's super sweet. He follows me everywhere, gluing himself to my ankles. He's pretty smart and he did finally learn to swim like an actual Labrador Retriever (he used to swim free-style, hauling his front legs completely out of the water and then slapping them back down really hard - creating such a churning wake that he'd nearly drown himself).

It's just that he gets really, really lonely at night. When we're sleeping. Or, when we used to be sleeping. His heart wrenching cries fill the house until not a creature is sleeping, not even a mouse. (except for my husband who, much like when our children were babies, is miraculously unable to either hear or respond to these cries) But after nearly a month, those cries are not nearly as heart wrenching as they used to be.

So puppy is in the garage. I swear, I just couldn't take it anymore. I'm so sleep deprived, I'm afraid we're going to have a case of Shaken Puppy Syndrome soon. Seriously, he's better off out there for right now. Sorry, Tuck....


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Clicky Web Analytics