Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Something different (for me, anyway)

I don't do a lot of etching in my lampwork. I love the look of other peoples etched beads, but my own are usually these intricate, multi-layered objects that don't lend themselves to that technique.

But I was playing around with the last of my Gaffer Chalcedony and I was drawn into making a bunch of different shapes and textures, using different base colors, frit, different striking times, etc. After a while, I realized that I was really liking these beads, enjoying the color reactions and all the different shapes. So what turned out as an experiment ended up as a set.

A big set.

I've actually broken it down into 3 different sets, but this is the first one. The overall look was very rustic and eclectic and I thought it would look cool to etch it. Let me know what you think. I have them listed on eBay right now.

~*Autumn Garden*~

3 comments:

Patty said...

They're stunning, Laurie! I love the variation in shapes and colors, and the etching makes them look way cool!

Good luck on your auction!

Maybeads said...

The set is gorgeous! I love the etching and all the different shapes - it's just fantastic!

by keiara - lampwork beads said...

Ooh these are REALLY yummy! The long, textured barrel in the bottom right is my favourite. All that lavender is delicious too :) Good luck w/the auction! xox

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Clicky Web Analytics