Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Pondering on it

Like about everybody else in the neighborhood and thereabouts, tonight I'm thinking about what I'm thankful for. I mean, there's momentary thankfulness like, "Holy crap, thank God I didn't run over that kid! Freaking blind spot!!!" and there's the deeper thanks of, "My family is good. We've gone another year and we're all still here, still healthy, still together." But there's an awful lot of in between, right? So much grey, so much that seems trivial but that's not really.

So, here's a few things I'm thankful for:

1. My healthy, intact family. Yeah, I know I already said it, but it's the most important thing so I'm saying it again.

2. My new puppy. This one's healthy and lovey and sweet. Goofy as a three dollar bill, though.

3. My kick-ass husband who lets me melt glass all day every day and never bats an eyelash.

4. My kids who do the same and think my job is cool.

5. Although we haven't been untouched by this diseased economy, we haven't been destroyed by it.

6. For the first time since my daughter was born - I'm withing spitting distance of getting my ass into a size 8. And I mean a real 8, not the fake 8 that's really a 10.

7. That Ullja is getting sued

8. The beach. Honestly, I don't know how I'd live without it. Just knowing it's there is enough to get me through the toughest times.

9. Tomorrow is the biggest pie-eating day of the year. Pie's my all time fave.

10. That the world, though still greatly distressed, seems somewhat more hopeful than it did two years ago when I was having trouble even imagining my children's future.

So, what's on your list?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Clicky Web Analytics