Friday, November 14, 2008

Into the wilderness

Well, I'm off. Off to the deep, dark wilderness. Actually, I'm off to the Boy Scout camp about an hour away from my house. But still... I mean, an entire weekend with a huge group of little boys shooting BB guns and bows and arrows and running around in the middle of the night? I might as well be in the darkest heart of Africa.

Should be fun!

The whole family's going on this trip. Well, all except Duffy. He's not allowed. Apparently, the Scout's think he's.....a DOG!!!! Quel horreur!

Does this look like a dog, I ask you?

I've also made a pivotal decision regarding my lampworking future. I've (be calm and don't panic when you read this) decided that (seriously, STAY CALM, I beg you) it's time for me (deep breaths, all) to (here it comes) join a group.

OMG, there it is. It's out there. I said it.

I, Laurie Whitney, notorious loner and anti-joiner, am considering the possibility of joining the local chapter of the ISGB, the Florida Glass Dragons. Don't ask me why. In the 3 years that I've been lampworking, I've never joined or participated in anything with fellow craftsfolk.

I am not a joiner by nature. I like my own company and I am horrendously shy about my work. That's one of the things I like most about this job: the solitary nature of it and the relative anonymity you can achieve by communicating via the Internet.

That sounded a little creepy, didn't it? Sorry.

Anyway, lately I've been feeling a little bit lonely for like-minded conversation and a little bit of fellowship.

I don't know. We'll see how it goes.

In the meantime, I've got auctions ending: ~Ba Da Bling~ and ~Xmas Coffee & Donuts~ are ending this weekend.

And I've got some new things posted.
Have a peek.

These are some new focals that are currently listed on eBay:

~Sweet Dreams~

~Dream On~

and these are some new things up on Etsy.




1 comment:

angelinabeadalina said...

How cute is that Rudolph?? I'm not a joiner in real life, either, but I really enjoy the few times a year that I can run over to St. Louis and hang out with those glassy peeps. I think you'll like being able to sit in a room and talk glass and have people understand exactly what you mean!

Oh, and have fun camping!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Clicky Web Analytics