Wednesday, January 16, 2008

To teach or not to teach? That is the question....

Well, I've finally got a minute to sit down and chat. The kids are back at school and R is back at work and it's very quiet here. I miss the activity, but I did get a chance to get back to the torch. Nothing worth singing about. I almost felt like I had to relearn how to make beads, after such a long break.

Speaking of breaking, I had a bad batch of silver glass. I ended up with some gorgeous beads, because the glass was lovely. Unfortunately, it was completely incompatible with other glass and every single piece ended up either broken or with stress cracks. It was nearly two full days at the torch that ended up in the trash can. Very disappointing!
I have been considering the possibility of teaching a class. I've been asked about it a few times, but have been too nervous. I've never taught anything before and am unsure about my ability to stay on track. I'll have to give it some thought.
I've also added some of my more artistic photography to my Flickr account. Nothing fabulous, but it is fun to post images and get feedback from likeminded folks. Come check them out if you get a chance.


I did get a few listings in this week and I'll show them to you now. They are all listed on eBay now.
New Caledonia
Cha-Cha

Well, that's it for now. I have editing to do and errands to run and the kids are out of school at 1:00 this week and off on Friday, so short work days for me.
Have a great day,
Laurie

1 comments.
Posted by
Lynette:
Whether you know it or not, there are those of us out "here" that are reading your blogs and enjoying your incredible art of bead making!!! Don't stop blogging!!!!! Did I miss something or is "no news", "good news" regarding your father? Was he clear of his cancer during his last scan? I am a 40ish mom of two totally awesome sons, ages 7 and 4, and my life has been touched by those with cancer. As far as teaching goes......maybe its just what you need to be motivated, inspired, or just a fun time to share your "gift/talent" and have some grown up, social time all to yourself. Of course, if you are looking for reasons NOT to teach....maybe your plate is already too full, more time away from your family/home. I guess I am not that much help am I? Regardless, I have really enjoyed reading your blogs, and browsing thru all that mermaid has to offer. Conratulations, you have a beautiful family, and the beads you make seem to reflect some of the love you see in them. They are always awesome!! Take Care, Lynette
January 17, 2008 @ 8:45 AM

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Clicky Web Analytics