Friday, October 10, 2008

Half full, half empty

HALF EMPTY

Are you all sick of hearing about the financial crisis? I am. And you know what else? The more the media hunts it down and leaps on it and rips the story to shreds and gloats about it, the worse it's going to get.

Remember that old song, "Dirty Laundry"? Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.

The 'Financial Crisis' is the new Brittney Spears. Watch our economic structure self-destruct, right before our eyes.

HALF FULL

Wow! What a fabulous morning at the torch I had. I've been so busy and preoccupied, filling custom orders and running kids around and chaperoning events and trying not to lose our life's savings while the banking executives take off to the spa on our coin that I've really felt sort of out of the groove lately.

Not like a few weeks ago, when I was so discouraged. Just....like... wanting to get to the torch but not having anything to 'say' when I got there.

Do you know what I mean?

But today I had a birthday gift to make for my 'niece' and a couple of fun orders to fill and a technique I wanted to try so I had to get the creative hat on and it was worth it.
I may be jumping the gun but, if it comes out of the kiln looking as fabulous as it did going in, I just made a gorgeous bead. Maybe my favorite ever.

I might even keep this one!!!!!

I got some amazing reaction from Double Helix's Luna 2, which is my favorite silver glass. The problem is, as always with silver glass, it's been inconsistent. The first batch I bought was awesome, my second batch of it sucked, my third batch was just so-so. But, when it works, it's fantastically beautiful.

Today it worked.

Oh, and I have this set of Painted Ladies listed. I like it because it's very Autumny.

~Fall in Wonderland~

2 comments:

angelinabeadalina said...

Sounds like you had a terrific morning! It's always nice to remember that we can usually find good things in the world even when everything in the news is overwhelmingly bad, isn't it? Can't wait to see what you made :)

Deb said...

Beautiful "Painted Ladies" Laurie - I can't wait to see your bead that comes out of the kiln!

I agree with your thoughts about the media - here too, it always seems half empty, or even less than half! I've just given up listening ;o)
I call it self preservation -lol!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Clicky Web Analytics