Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Uhhrggah...cough...cough..

Just wanted to come in and wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday season. I'm sick. Like, 'flat on my back, coughing up unrecognizable things, dizzy and have completely lost my voice' sick. I've been this way for over a week.

I still managed to fill a couple of orders but that was it. One day, I had a small organic bead set and a set of cupcakes that were custom ordered that I needed to get filled. I was able to make everything except for one measly little Black Forest cupcake. I was so sick that, even knowing I was going to have to wait until the next day, fire up the kiln all over again for ONE bead, I still just couldn't make myself stand there any longer. I absolutely, positively couldn't make that cupcake. F*****ing cupcake!

On that note, I leave you with a thought:

No matter what your religion or lack thereof, this is a special time of year, a spiritual time. Enjoy it, embrace it, appreciate what you have and try not to covet what you don't. Don't allow yourself to be ground down and 'Scrooged' by the expense, the hassle, the crowds, the pressure. Spread your joy through gifts of love, not just empty material items and it's true - that old cliche' - you'll be rewarded 1,000-fold for your efforts. That, I think, is Karma which may not exactly be a Christmas philosophy, but it works.

3 comments:

angelinabeadalina said...

I hope you get to feeling better very soon, Laurie! I agree with you, it's a spiritual time of year (solstice, Christmas, etc.), and we should enjoy the feeling and goodness that brings...what a beautiful way to look at it :)

marcy said...

Hi Laurie,
I am so sorry that you're so sick. Hope you get better very soon. And I like your philosophy. It works!
Marcy

Mermaid Glass said...

Thanks, Marcy and Angie. I'm starting to feel human again. Had to go get actual meds from an actual Dr.! Sadly, he was no McDreamy. Oh well, Merry Holidays!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Clicky Web Analytics