I've been eating poorly, drinking just an eensy, weensy, wee bit too much and exercising not at all.
And I can feel it.
I have no energy, crash at 8:00 every night and have to struggle to stay awake and my skin looks terrible. My back aches, my knees hurt and I seem to have a constant headache.
Do any of you ever get this way?
Like you spend all of your time taking care of everyone else and no time at all looking after you?
Well, I'm tired of it. I'm old enough to know better but I've gotten in a rut. Run the kids around, help with homework, pay bills, clean house, shop, cook, clean, yard work, volunteer work, plan parties, do laundry and fix every little issue that lands at the front door. Plus try to run a business. It's too much.
Actually, it's just enough. I just need to take some time to prioritize. I need to remember that when the air masks drop, I need to put mine on first, then everybody else's.
So I made a deal with myself and I have certain things that I have to do, every day. I wrote them down in list form, so I'll have to abide by it. I'm that anal. If I write it down, I have to do it.
- I have to work out every morning. I'm not allowed to turn the kiln on until I get in at least 1 hour.
- I'm keeping a calender/chart of my progress. I have to write down my exercise every day.
- I have to do one thing, just for myself, every day. It can be something as simple as sitting down in the middle of the day to read a magazine or as complicated as getting a manicure. Not that I would ever get a manicure. Very shabby nails...very shabby.
- I also have to write that down on my calender.
- I have to set more realistic goals. I can't accomplish everything in one day or even one month.
- I have to ask for and expect more help from my husband. My kids are fine. They have plenty of chores and they are straight A students with enough to worry about. Besides, half the time it's such a pain in the ass to get them to do anything, I'd rather just let it go.
That's it. There are no weight loss goals only health and well-being priorities to be managed. It's all about me. If I feel like eating a damn cupcake, I'll do it an nobody's making me feel bad about it.
I'll let you know how it's working out.