Monday, July 13, 2009

Look what I found!

I was out, stumbling around in my little shade garden, looking for a place to hang a windchime I'd just finished so I could get some good shots of it, and I found my bromeliads were blooming like crazy. I've been so busy and so distracted, I didn't even notice. They've spread like weeds and the whole garden was in bloom and I never even saw them.

I also found some beads on my desk that I'd completely forgotten about, so I listed those last night. I put some in my Etsy shop and I listed some on eBay.

These are on eBay. They're the most gorgeous, deep blue and aqua. I used some of my original Olympia Rain from Double Helix. The company has made a limited run of it again, and that reminded me that I've still got about 1/2 a pound of it. A little bit goes a long way, so I'll probably have it for years.


These lively little beads are listed in my Etsy shop. I wanted to brighten things up over there.

I also wanted to share another little Gaffer Chalcedony goddess. I used the frit this time. I wish I could capture all of the different colors, but I can't seem to get my camera to cooperate. Well, she's pretty anyway. You'll have to take my word for it. I'm thinking of listing this one. She's just too nice to keep for myself. She'd end up tossed carelessly into a bowl or scattered on a tray somewhere with a bunch of mismatched orphans, wonkies and oddballs. I don't think she quite deserves that, do you?

4 comments:

angelinabeadalina said...

Those blooms must be gorgeous! As are all your found beads, too! Definitely list the goddess if you aren't going to wear her-- someone will get a really cool bead out of the deal :)

Deb said...

Laurie they are all stunning!
I particularly love the beads with the Olympia Rain - I missed the boat on getting that one. Still, apart from Chalcedony I have never had much luck with most of the silver glasses.
I agree - your little Goddess is far too lovely to languish in a bowl.

Mermaid Glass said...

Thanks!

And thanks, too, Nicole. I don't know where your comment went, but it was really nice and I appreciated it.

Deborah Lambson said...

How could you forget such beautiful blue beads? ;) they're all lovely Laurie ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Clicky Web Analytics