Sunday, May 23, 2010

Spacey

~Across the Universe~

You may have noticed that I've been making a lot of spacer type beads lately. Why? Well, for two reasons, I guess.

For one, I've had quite a few custom orders for smallish colored spacers. Jewelry designers seem to be looking for simpler, reasonably priced beads to use in their designs, as well as pricier elaborate focals.

Secondly, (and this is probably the more important reason since I can only make what I like to make, not what I'm told to make) I've been having so much fun blending custom colors lately, I'm loving the opportunity to showcase them in these simple styles. (*note to self: "um..run on sentence much, Laurie?")

Here are some of the ones I'm offering in my Etsy shop right now. You don't want to miss out on these! Every one is done in premium, hand-blended color combos 'cause if I'm making spacers, you betta believe I'm making the best, prettiest, most unique damn spacers on the planet!


~Shore Discs~

4 comments:

Audrey Charlton said...

Very pretty Laurie! I love the unique, think outside the box approach! Too much of the same old, same old out there! Good for you for offering something truly unique, yet functional! The colors are amazing!

Mermaid Glass said...

Thanks! I'm having so much fun blending colors. It's such a great way to experiment and to use up my glass 'shorts'. I hate waste.

Jen Judd said...

Great colors! Very fun blends...my fave is the pretty dark red wine. :)

Jo Potter said...

Really stunning new beads, Laurie! Just magical... I especially love the blue glass with the flecks of gold!:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Clicky Web Analytics