Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sunday Mornings


Sundays are a gentle time at our house - the one day of the week where we aren't rushing, bickering, working, studying, bickering, etc...

But there is a routine. I get up early, usually around 6 a.m., I tend to all of the pets, and put the coffee on, then I do a little yoga stretching. If I'm in the mood, Tuck and I will go for a quick run.

If I'm not in the mood to run, I do what I did this morning. I take my coffee and my big, furry boy - my third child - out to the patio and I clean the pool.


I like this little chore, actually. It's so peaceful out there in the morning. The water birds are fishing at the edge of the lake where a soft breeze is usually blowing, the tree birds are singing, few cars are out on the roads and no child is calling for mom to do, find, get or make something for them. It's good exercise, too, but relaxing with it's slow, repetitive motions.

Tuck's a huge help...

Being good is just exhausting !

By the time we finish, everyone (except Tucker) is up and restless, ready to make a plan, ready to roll.

How do you spend your Sundays?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Clicky Web Analytics