Thursday, July 10, 2008

Highs and Lows

So, have had somewhat odd week. On the lower 10% of the 'Happy Spectrum', my A/C definitely needs replaced and is a horrifically expensive undertaking.
Guess I'll be postponing my anniversary trip to the South Pacific.

I'll just have to keep making fake seashells to cheer myself up.




On the upper end of the 'Happy Spectrum', I got an email from an old friend this week. Haven't seen each other or spoken in about a decade.

That's good stuff, there.

I moved away from my hometown immediately following high school. (When I say immediately, I mean, like 6 days after graduation.) I don't really stay in touch with anyone back there, except for my family. But this was a nice event as this person was one of the very few that I was friends with that really sort of got the big picture, even back then. Unique and not pigeonholed by small-town life.

Because that's how I was. I was back then as I am now. Just me, just doing my thing and sort of out there and experiencing things. I wasn't about 'collecting' friends, or being prom queen or dating the school hero. In small town America, this is like the antithesis of what being a teenage girl in the 80's was all about. It could be hard, but I made some friends that 'got it', too, and that made it easier.
So, in the spirit of nostalgia, I'm going to post an old picture that will probably guarantee nobody from my past ever contacts me again.

~1987~

Motley crew, eh? Thankfully, I'm behind the camera, as usual!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Clicky Web Analytics