Monday, December 17, 2007

Well, s@*#!

I have discovered that my adorable and brilliant son is also a germ carrier extrordinaire. He had the sniffles a few days ago and suddenly I have contracted Typhoid Fever. .... Or a really bad cold.
I have an achey nose, fever, runny head....wait, I think I've got that all messed up. Whatever. I feel like shite.
I love that word, shite. It's so totally foreign and yet so completely familiar. Brilliant! See, there's another foreign yet familiar word. Not that Great Britain is completely foreign. Execpt for some of their food. I mean... Oxtail Soup? Kidney Pie? Blood Pudding? Holy Shite!
All right, let's get off the profanities and move on.

Um, I guess that's all I've got for now.
Oh yeah, more. I'm done Christmas shopping! I even got my kid's picture done. Wanna see? I'll be the first to admit that this is a spectacularly cheesey pose and Connor looks vaugely like a game show host, but still. Cute?


OK, now I'm done. Happy trails.

1 comments.
Posted by
Rebecca:
Hi Laurie! Thought I'd have a peek at your blog! "Journey's End" is fab and am really pleased to have won New Caledonia. UK food! Yep, all those and more - how about Spotted Dick, Toad In the Hole, Bubble and Squeak, Stargazy Pie, Queen of Puddings? We have so many weird ones! Have to say that Black Pudding (or Blood Pudding) is not my cup of tea, as we say here! Steak & Kidney Pudding though (has to be done with suet and made into a pudding rather than a pie to make it authentic) is FABULOUS! And Bacon Suet Roly Poly - am getting hungry just thinking about it! One slice and you're having to undo the zip on your jeans but ..... ! Anyway, your kids look gorgeous. Am totally in agreement with your take on child rearing, Hollywood and other stuff. I keep a diary but haven't got round to doing an online blog yet - or my book! Have the title and the notes ... must get on with it! Sorry about your father. Mine died two years of early onset Alzheimers and my mother has lost the plot entirely and is on the verge of being committed. Doesn't make life any less stressy - but, hey, it's all a learning experience and a blessing.Have fun.Rebecca
January 20, 2008 @ 9:36 AM

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Clicky Web Analytics