Sunday, December 30, 2007

Resolutions

This is going to be a quick post, just to let everyone know that I'm not going to fall back into old habits. I will not let my blog die!
I am committed to harnessing my own energy and making it work for me, setting a goal and achieving it. But, for this year's resolutions, there are no "I will lose 10 pounds" or 20 or 30. There will be no, "I will join a networking group to further market myself and my business".
No, sirree Bob! This year I resolve to:
...Follow my own creative instinct and not be influenced by what the market is craving
...Enjoy my children while they are still interested in being enjoyed. Time races by and, cliche or not, they will be grown and gone in the blink of an eye. I do not want my most important life's work to fall behind and never be accomplished. I will be a good parent
...Make a budget and stick to it. Life is too short to worry about finances every second of every day
...Live a dream. Take something off my list and just do it, no matter how far-fetched it seems
...Finish editing my book and submit it. Four years is long enough for revisions. It's time
...Lose 5 pounds
O.K., old habits die hard. At least I'm more realistic this year.
So, all of that being said, I have worked my ass off this week, even though I have been practically bedridden with bronchitis and I will be posting a load of pictures tommorrow. Before I leave for the beach to watch fireworks, loaded down with a bottle of wine, a blanket, a picnic basket and my wonderful family, I will fulfill my professional obligations.
Promise, even though it's New Year's Eve.
See you in the a.m.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Clicky Web Analytics