Wednesday, February 6, 2008

So that's what she's been up to!

I told you I’d be posting something new, didn’t I?
I’ve been wanting to move my blog for a while, but I never seemed to find the time. I finally just decided to go for it. I really wanted something cleaner and fresher. Well, something more like me! Also, I got tons of spam at my old sight. Yuck, spam. Speaking of Yuck, I’d just like to apologize for my old blog. As I cut and pasted and moved stuff over, I was able to see how awful and bo-ring many of my posts were. I can only apologize in arrears for that.
Sorry.

I’d love to know what you think of it, so please chime in with comments. Seriously. I mean, I’m not going to change it, but I am curious.
I’ll be adding links as I go, so if you want to ‘hook-up’, let me know.

Moving on. I’m taking Anna to see Hannah Montana today. Wow, that was alliteratively challenging, even to type. She really wanted to see the concert, but it sold out so fast we got stuck seeing the movie instead. Hannah Montana? Where have I gone wrong? I’ve tried to fill my children’s little minds with a love of music on a broader scale. Eclectic-ly, if you will. (See my playlist). Still, she is only 9 and cannot be expected to show good judgment at all times. It could be worse, I guess. She could like Britney Spears.


Here is what I've been working on. These beads are on eBay now.

~*Dusk*~


Here is a focal bead that I made some time ago and can't decide where to list it. It doesn't show up very well here, but it has some gorgeous colors. It's a little small, though, only 34.5 mm long. Tell me what you think of it.

Any newcomers, you should probably visit my website http://www.mermaidglass.com. You can see lots more lampwork glass beads and beaded jewelry, as well as my glass home decor items. It's a great place to explore some of my past work!

Here is a picture I like. It’s a little birdhouse I made out of leftover glass. Isn’t it cute? Lizards live in it.

Have a great day, all!

1 comment:

lynette said...

Hi Laurie, your lizard birdhouse made me laugh. I used to live in Naples, FL and those little critters TERRIFIED me. They used to hold me hostage in my home or car while they sun bathed on our sidewalk! Your new creations are beautiful and i love them. Hope your hand is healing well. Take care, Lynette from Michigan

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Clicky Web Analytics