Monday, February 4, 2008

Oh, oh, oooh, I'm on fire

Sorry for the long delay. Lot's going on here. First of all, I burnt the Shazam out of my hand.
My kids expressed a completely unprecedented interest in beadmaking, so I thought I'd give them a little lesson. The first time went off without a hitch. The second time, not so much. In a valiant attempt to keep my daughter from burning herself by reaching across the torch, I bravely sacrificed myself and demonstrated why not to do it.
Not really.
I just got distracted and reached over and sizzled myself fairly badly. Not pretty. So, needless to say, no new lampwork beads from Laurie this week.

Also, believe it or not, it's Spring here in Florida. For anyone who is familiar with our climate and our junglelike vegetation, you understand that this time of year means that things that have been quietly and unobtrusively growing all through the winter suddenly explode into a massive abundance of messy, overgrown flora. If you let it get out of hand, it quickly becomes unmanageable and you might as well throw your hands in the air and just surrender. I can't allow that to happen. So, last week I concentrated on raking, pulling, spraying, cutting, hauling and, occasionally, crying, as I beat my acre of paradise into submission.
It was horrid.

I dream of a lovely, well tended oasis of a garden but it ain't easy, let me tell ya! I'm still not finished but I no longer feel like I'm about to be overrun by creeping vines and giant, prehistoric plantlife. I think I can safely get back to the torch for a few hours. (Huge sigh of relief!)

Also, next week is my birthday and I don't want to have to do anything worrisome as I deal with that trauma. It would be too draining, both mentally and physically. I think you know what I mean.

Will post pics of new beads later.
Have a great day!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Clicky Web Analytics