Monday, March 10, 2008

Like a little bee, I am

Busy, busy, busy.I can't keep up with myself. Between baseball for the boys (big and little), swimming for the girl, golf for all of us, housework, schoolwork, my dive into organic gardening and trying to keep my tiny empire afloat, I'm more like a headless chicken than a bee!

And hey, by the way, I have to say (so cute, she rhymes) to one reader who shall remain unnamed who disliked my spinach-mushroom-tofu burrito so much that she said it was like eating dog barf...phooey on youey! I mean, you seriously didn't like it? Seriously? Now I am concerned for myself 'cuz I still just love this thing. I love it so much that I make my husband eat it.

Which reminds me, how do you know when your marriage is in trouble? Early warning signs? A refusal to eat certain health-conscious and yet delicious foods is not a sign is it? Well, is it?

Got new running shoes this weekend. Big shoes, big expense but I have to say that, after doing 4 miles this morning and experiencing absolutely 0 bunion pain (yes, bitches, I have bunions!) it was well worth the $75 dollars. Yay me!

On a more serious note, I would like to have any feedback possible on what you all think of Etsy.com. I am considering a major move of my lampwork bead sales to this venue and possibly easing away from eBay. The economy is bad for all of us here in the U.S. and Etsy is cheaper all the way around. I can list at lower prices, I can list more and list more often, as well as more quickly. Shipping fees would probably be lower as well, because it is a direct sale and more than one purchase can be made at a time and shipped together. I am getting closer to this decision but would really like to hear input. So, give it to me.

That being said, here's a new set of hand-blended hollows that are just about to be listed on, yeah, eBay.

~*Easter Parade*~
Have a fantabulous evening, y'all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Laurie, I definitely think etsy is the way to go. I absolutely LOVE that place. It really zeroes in on people that love and appreciate the art of something handmade/designed. You can get lost in that site scanning thru all the gorgeous things artists have created. I think you will find customers that are looking for the exact type of pieces you are making and you will hook up with them quicker thru etsy.com. It seems like it is easy to get "missed" in the ebay world and with etsy, it seems more like a "community of artists gathering to sell their goods". Not too mention the "quality" of the product you have to offer.You said awhile ago that you couldn't figure out why people weren't buying your beads, was it the style? the color? or what? I think it is because the right people haven't "seen" them yet. On etsy, you have the opportunity of zillions of people to see your cool stuff!!!! Anyway, that is just my thought. Sorry I am such a "rambler". I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to try.... Take Care, Lynette from Michigan

Mermaid Glass said...

Thanks for the feedback, Lynette. And you are not a rambler! Update: I agree fully with your opinion on both eBay and Etsy. I'm giving it a go.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Clicky Web Analytics