Sunday, April 6, 2008

Last Hours

Well, we've reached the final hours of Spring Break. Bittersweet. I love spending time with my kids, but I am, essentially, a solitary person and I get exhausted having people around me all the time. That being said, we did pack in as much fun as we could, so I guess it's my own fault. We had people over several times, we went to the beach twice, to the movies and the mall. We played golf-both putt-putt and real- we went to the carnival and Robert and I even had a date night.

Damn, I'm beat!

Still, I have had a chance to make some beads. I also created my very first Treasury on Etsy last night. I'm actually quite proud of it. You can check it out here:

http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list.php?room_id=37803

Treasuries are one of my favorite things about Etsy. Sure, part of it is a marketing tool. But the other side is, you are forced to go out amongst your fellow craftspeople, see what they're creating, learn what moves others, expose yourself to different art and ideas. It's extremely inspiring, as far as my own work goes. I've come up with tons of ideas, from looking at all of the wonderful photography and textiles, jewelry and stuffies! So fun.

Here's a bead that is giving me some trouble. It photographs blue, but it is actually a gorgeous Royal Purple. I've listed it on Etsy, but I may take it off. I've posted a warning about the color discrepancy, but I'm still afraid someone will buy it and then be disappointed when they get it. A conundrum.

Is that the right word?

Anyhoo, here it is:

~*Swing*~

http://www.mermaidglass.etsy.com/

Let me know what you think.

Oh yeah, remember thos Celadon beads? Well, I remade them and they turned out gorgeous! They're on Etsy, too.
~*Beachside*~

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Clicky Web Analytics